We are proud to announce that we will be reopening for modified practices on Monday, June 22, 2020.
Downey Unified School District will be allowing for partial reinstatement of its athletic programs, performing arts, and activities. All practices permitted to resume are determined according to strict adherence to federal, state, and local public health orders, measures, and other guidance in order to best protect our students, staff, and community. The DUSD Reopening Guidelines are aligned with the National Federation of State High Schools Association (NFHS), CIF, and local governance.
DUSD has taken numerous measures to try to reduce the risk of COVID-19. As always, participation in DUSD athletics and/or activities is strictly voluntary and based upon parental discretion.
If your son/daughter will be returning, please note that the following items will need to be submitted on the first day of his/her return:
- A signed copy of the DUSD Reopening Notification
- Proof of Insurance
- A signed copy of the DUSD Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
*Please click below for a copy of the DUSD Notification and Waiver:
Additionally, all students will need to come to campus with the following items:
- Water Bottle
If any of these documents or items are not in place, we will have to send students home until all requirements can be met.
DUSD has worked diligently to implement safety parameters to help mitigate potential COVID-19 exposure. Those restrictions are delineated thoroughly in the DUSD Reopening Notification and Waiver. Below are a few highlights:
- A drop-off/pick-up procedure will be utilized; all parents/guardians should remain inside their vehicles while dropping off and picking up students
- Face masks should be worn upon entry/exit and any time 6-feet social distancing cannot be maintained
- Pre-workout screenings in accordance with LA County Guidelines will be conducted and recorded before every practice
- No more than 50 people may gather at one time
- There will be no athlete contact
- There will be no shared equipment
- There will be no shared water bottles or communal hydration stations
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available
- Facilities, furniture, and equipment cleaning will be done on a regular rotation
Please thoroughly read the attachment.
Again, please know that participation in DUSD athletics/activities is strictly voluntary, and we respect that decisions will be made based on parental discretion.
All sports will be releasing their respective practice schedules through the Warren Website, the Warren Athletics Website, and various Social Media Platforms. Please stay tuned for the most up-to-date information regarding specific sports’ schedules.
If you have any questions or want any further information, please email Samantha Miyahara at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are extremely excited to return to Warren! We hope to see you soon.